Sunday, May 18, 2014

Kekse und Kraken

After taking a nap, we baked cookies.  The kids chose chips from the selection I brought with me, resulting in chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies and white chocolate and mini m&m cookies.  Both were delicious.


On Saturday I met Rex, David, and Volker at the Weikhard Uhr (a big clock outside a watch shop) in central Graz.  We picked up the textbooks for the culture class and went over the plan for the first week before going to Volker's house for a delicious lunch.

Afterwards I went to the Next Liberty theater.  The theater is located next to the opera house, which means it's near the giant sword statue.


As I was waiting for the others to arrive, I could hear opera singers practicing.


Here's the exterior of the theater.


The play was awesome.  Pictures are available here:

 http://www.nextliberty.com/stueck_detail.php?id=17855

It was more intense than I had expected for a children's play.  I saw a play at the Next Liberty last time I was here (Animal Lounge), which was also well done.  It's a really neat theater.

After the play I went to bed, managed to wake up far too early, then I accidentally slept through half of Sunday.  I now working on my lesson plan for the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment