Thursday, June 19, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Greetings, handful of readers,

Yesterday we got back from a four day trip to Vienna.  My feet are beat up as per usual, though this time it's some sort of internal toe injury instead of the blisters from hell.  Today is a holiday, so I'm going to attempt to catch up with the blog and with grading.

What I did in Vienna:

Sunday: Arrival, orientation tour of the center city with Rex and students including a visit to the cathedral, meeting Rex's linguist friends who happened to be in town, then David and I went to dinner in Cafe Central before rejoining the others at the Haus der Musik.

Monday: Breakfast, Kunst Haus Wien, Schatzkammer, Cathedral tower visit, Schmetterlinghaus, Naturhistorisches Museum, watched Germany beat the crap out of Portugal at a bar on the Donaukanal, went pub crawling with David and the students and had a good evening until David crossed the drunk to douche barrier, went home and tried to make my feet stop hurting.

Tuesday: Breakfast, Spanische Hofreitschule Morgenarbeit, hot chocolate and cake at Cafe Demel, Kaiserliche Appartments/Silberkammer/Sisi Museum, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, dinner with Rex and friends, walked around on the Donauinsel and encountered my arch-nemesis swans.

Wednesday:  Breakfast, Esperantomuseum, fabric shopping, Tierpark, train ride home.

I'm not sure the next series of posts will have much by way of chronological order, since I still have all the Salzburg stuff to post as well.  I'll try to keep dates in the post titles as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment